Someone asked me the other day what were my top five most beautiful songs ever. And here it is!
1. Such Great Heights - Iron and Wine. It's just so beautiful and the slowed-down-ness from The Postal Service's version I think works alot better. I only discovered this song recently and I love it.
2. Two More Years - Bloc Party. This is beautiful because it reminds me of the moment at Glastonbury when I didn't think they were going to play this and then when they did, it's like the whole World melted away. It was magical. I already loved this song, but at that moment it became beautiful.
3. Generator - The Holloways. This is an... odd choice I'm told, because it's not generically beautiful, but it makes me so happy and bouncy when I hear it and there's a beauty in that. In fact I have never come accross a time when I've heard that song and not had the urge to dance like a crazy where ever I happen to be!
4. Don't Look Back into the Sun - The Libertines. What's not to like. I don't really know why I think it's beautiful but I do.
5. I couldn't chose between the two and since the reasoning is fairly similar, I decided to allow myself both! And they are I Still Remember - Bloc Party and also Run - Snow Patrol (Radio 1 Live Lounge Version). Both songs I consider to be beautiful but also make me feel sad. But anything that can afftect my emotions in that way I consider to be beautiful. But that may just be me!
Oh, and a little bit of the oldskool here, but quote of the week
Anon : He is going soft in his old age, maybe we can give him a pill to make him hard!
(i was sitting at my desk trying not to laugh at the inuendo... i managed to hold the laugh in until i left the office)
So, I guess it's time to leave, return to my internetless existence! Unless i pay to use the net on monday/tuesday... well, we'll see!
I have much love for the wii, i love it. just been playing boxing, which is i think for a computer game at least, good exercise! it's so fun, beating stubbs at boxing was very fun! and also, darcy just now was dancing while boxing was starting, and her little boxing mii was doing a night fever dance! stylish!
i love it so much, it's the most fun games console i've owned or my brother has owned, it's all about the banter, no wonder there'll soon be four in our house!
so i'm going to go and play some more, i feel like i'm twelve again!
There was an earthquake in kent today! How strange is that. This morning, at some point after 7 I woke up after hearing Darcy shut the front door and decided to not get up but stay in bed and listen to cds for a while until it got to 8.30ish because I hadn't gone to bed until 3 last night. so it gets to like 8.20, I'm contemplating getting up and my door opens, the cd jumps and my bed was shaking a little bit, not enough for me to think earthquake, more someone just slammed their door pretty damn hard! It only lasted like a second. And then while on the internet I find out there was an earthquake in the Dover area! It's so odd! Ha! I can now say I've been in an earthquake! Randomness! Very glad it was only a small one though.
HAPPY PEOPLE DON'T WRITE ESSAYS DAMMIT!!
also i realsie that this is a bit late, but HAPPY CHRISTMUKFAKE!!!!
EDIT. Since microeconomics didn't get more interesting (funny that) i ended up on facebook and have realised a girl from my year at cchs is a fresher at kent this year. the funny thing is, i think i saw her at the Snowball and actually thought to myself "that girl looks slot like Cathryn" and then thought nothing of it! the joy of facebook! le randomness!
Victoria, incase you're wondering it's Cathryn Jellicoe
lots of love
Anna and Darcy.
beware we are a super power and will watch veronica mars at any cost! ha!